Bankruptcy in New Brunswick Blog
Bankruptcy in New Brunswick Blog » I have been told I should set financial goals. How do I start?
I have been told I should set financial goals. How do I start?
Q. I have been told I should set financial goals. How do I start?
A. To get control of your financial affairs you need to set financial goals. These goals help you know where you stand now financially, where you want to be in the future and can guide you to getting there.
Following are some tips to help you set goals for yourself:
• Ask for input and help from family. They have a stake in any budgeting decisions for the family both in changes to the current situation and participation in the future benefits.
• Break your goals into immediate and longer term. It is much easier to achieve one goal at a time.
• Be realistic. Don’t set impossible goals.
• Write out your goals and the steps and time frame for achieving them then track your progress. Seeing goals being attained is encouraging
• Be adaptable. Goals have to be tweaked on occasion especially if your financial circumstances change.
• Be patient. It takes time to achieve goals but the rewards are worth it.
We are pleased to offer a free consultation to discuss your options.
Grant Thornton Poirier Limited provides advice and solutions to individuals and businesses experiencing financial difficulty. Additional information can be obtained on our website or by contacting our office.
Lawrence J. Crandall, LL.B.
Grant Thornton Poirier Limited
Trustees in Bankruptcy
Fresh start…the road to financial freedom